Today I am trying a new recipe that I found recently on Pinterest. I’m a big fan of cooking in the crock pot so I was exciting to find a new recipe for it. There was one change to the ingredient list I made. She used onion flakes but neither Ethan nor I like onions so I skipped that ingredient completely. Also in her directions she doesn’t explain where to add the salt and pepper so I just mixed it in with the first set of ingredients.
Here is the link to the recipe I used. Crock Pot Comforting Cheesy Potatoes
Original recipe is from Taste Of Home
- 1 – 10 3/4 oz can of cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 – 32 oz frozen cubed hash browns, thawed
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese
- Combine the cream of chicken soup, sour cream, butter, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Add hash browns and 1 1/2 cup cheese and stir to combine.
- Pour into a 4 qt slow cooker, cover.
- Cook for 4-5 hours on low or until potatoes are tender.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese over potatoes and continue to cook 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.