Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings
I love this recipe! My mom has been making this for years and years. Today I finally decided to make it myself! The wings are full of flavor and the meat is so tender it falls right off the bone. Perfect for game day or just a fun appetizer or even the main course for dinner.
After pouring the apple cider vinegar and lemon juice on the legs, slice up the butter and place on the chicken wings. This is for a more rich flavor. For a healthier dish, feel free to skip the butter.
After the first 30 minutes take the pan out of the oven and flip all of the wings over.
Baste the wings and sprinkle more hot sauce and lemon pepper seasoning. Put back in the oven for 30 minutes. Continue basting the chicken every 30 minutes until the liquid is almost gone. This will usually take about 2 hours.
They will be done when the wings are a nice golden color and the meat starting to fall off the bones.
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- Louisiana hot sauce
- Lemon pepper seasoning
- 3 lbs. chicken wings
- 1/2 stick of butter (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a 9×13 pan, arrange the wings. It might take a little puzzle piecing to get all of them to fit in one pan.
- Mix the lemon juice and apple cider vinegar and pour over the wings making sure each wing gets wet from the mixture.
- Take the half stick of butter and cut little pats and place them on top of the wings.
- Shake Louisiana hot sauce over the wings. Amount is up to you depending on how spicy you want them.
- Shake lemon pepper seasoning over all the wings.
- Place in the oven for 30 minutes.
- After the first 30 minutes, take out of the oven and flip the wings over.
- Sprinkle with more hot sauce and lemon pepper seasoning.
- Put back in the oven for 30 more minutes.
- After the next 30 minutes, take out of the oven and baste the liquid over the wings.
- Return to the oven and continue to baste every 30 minutes.
- When most of the liquid is used up, keep in the oven until the wings turn a golden color.
- Remove and serve with a side dish of your choosing.
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my family does! Happy cooking!